June 30th is fast approaching! We are half way through 2010 and this is a great time to revisit your goals. Here are 7 Key Reminders When Establishing or Revising Your Goals.
1. Be clear about your vision and goals.
a. Don’t give general statements.
b. Be detailed and clear about what you want to accomplish.
2. Set specific written goals. “An unwritten plan is hard to follow.”
a. Write it down.
b. Schedule time to organize all the information and solidify your plan.
3. Set goals you feel led to pursue. Listen to your heart and mind.
a. Make sure your goals are what you want to accomplish and believe it is
possible according to your passion, purpose and dreams.
b. Be willing to pay the price. (Sacrifice of your time, talent, or
4. Let go of any goal that may and/or will lead you away from your vision.
5. Set a start & finish date to accomplish your goal.
a. Take your annual goals and break them down into biannual goals, quarterly
goals, monthly goals, weekly goals, which in turn become daily tasks.
6. Resist all excuses and why you can’t reach the goals.
a. List your obstacles you may face.
b. List your benefits
7. Stay Focused!
a. Write your goals, type your goals, put them on your calendar, create a
vision board, put them on the door, the refrigerator…You need to see them
daily. Stick to your plan and keep moving forward.
b. Just do it!